Existing Member?

Show Us your Craic! -'Australia'! John and Deirdra

Mountain Treking and Wilderness Camping....

AUSTRALIA | Friday, 22 August 2008 | Views [1024]

Anyway, the blue Mountains experience continued the next day with more walks and a trip on some cool mountain-rides in “Scenic world”- its this place that take you down into the valley in this mental train ride developed from the old mining days- it was basically a vertical drop and needless to say I probably wouldn’t have went on it had I actually read the damn information leaflet before- I’m such a scardy cat even on slow moving horizontal train rides never mind old rickety vertical drops! Anyway, as the hiking went on, more views continued to impress us and the valleys and mountains seemed to stretch even farther than we’d seen the day before- I wouldn’t be one for just gazing at things all day, but it really was mesmerizing. Getting quite brave at one point I decided to jump the fence at the edge of this cliff for a sneaky photo opportunity- my heart was pounding as I sat on that cliff edge hanging out over the valleys- safe enough if sober- but I was getting woozey just sitting there and hopped back over pretty quickly- just enough time for john to get a shot- see if you can spot it on the photies there.

Last night on the Blue Mountains- With funds running extremely low, that night we decided to re-think our camping arrangements- up until now we’ve either been spoiling ourselves with hostels or shelling out for campsites with electricity and hot water- sack that we thought and we pulled up at a roadside picnic spot outside the main Blue Mountains town of Katoomba- no toilets, pitch dark and not another soul in sight- eeeek! I have to admit I was slightly petrified- mostly due to the fact that I’d been reading a book about vicious murders happening to the most unaware people in strange situations. Johns making me stop that now. Good idea methinks. I knew he was scared too though- he does this thing like a guard dog- if he hears anything at all outside the van he cocks his head to one side and goes silent, looking around and peeping out the curtains- you can almost see his hears prick up like a dog- “wassat? Did you hear that? What is that? Eh eh?” Chicken.

 

Tags: ambassador van, blue mountains

 

About jca


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.