Existing Member?

Show Us your Craic! -'Australia'! John and Deirdra

Saturday 9th August

AUSTRALIA | Sunday, 10 August 2008 | Views [1024] | Comments [2]

Having checked out Collaroy beach YHA, in an area that seemed dead, we decided to head to Glebe –in the north of the city. It was Saturday night and we wanted to go out.

Last night we arrived in the Billabong Village hostel. It’s actually warm in the rooms, which is class and the staff and location seem good. It looks like a kind of student area so there’s good pickings when It comes to cheap drinks and late night kebabs –both of which we indulged in last night.

After some late night see-saw action at the kids playground next door to the hostel –we rolled into our room. Last in –a pair of right muppets trying to retain some soberness in order to not wake up the other 4 people in our room. I doubt we succeeded.

This is the first place where we’ve booked in for 2 nights in a row- Deirdra is relieved as she can chill and the free Wifi is great for sorting out this thing.   

On Friday I’ll be Thirty Years Old –AHHHHHHH. I know, I know, it’s over… it’s all over.

Well until then I’m checking out what’s on in town –so any recommendations –send em in. (yeah, like there’s anyone out there!?!@#*)

That’s us.

(This kitchen is getting cold now... gotta get north soon*)

Tags: ambassador van, sydney

Comments

1

30 or 3 - you'll never grow up - seesaw, playground, I rest my case!

Sorry that you're so far away for the big 30 - but I guess you'll find a way to enjoy the passing of your youth. Saturday you'll have to start behaving - some chance!

Great to read about you guys - love to you both

Mum
xxx

  Mum Aug 12, 2008 3:16 AM

2

Happy Birthday John! Im sure you'll have a 30th to remember out there!

Glad to hear you's are having endless days of fun! Hope Deirdra is as calm and collective as always!! ;)

Miss ya's!
Rach xx

  Rachel Aug 15, 2008 12:00 AM

About jca


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.