Existing Member?

Through the Eyes of a Traveler "The world's a book, and those who don't travel only read one page." -St. Augustine

Top 5 Coffee Places in St. Augustine

USA | Tuesday, 20 May 2014 | Views [248]

Pumpkin spice latte from The Bunnery

Pumpkin spice latte from The Bunnery

For some, coffee is liquid bread; an outlet to keeping them sane for the entire day. St. Augustine offers a wide variety of coffee shops, and for a good reason. Since St. Augustine is home to Flagler College, it has to keep up with the college student's demand for coffee. Here, I am going to attempt to list the top 5 best coffee shops in St. Augustine. 

1. Crucial Coffee- Located on Charlotte Street in the heart of downtown, Crucial Coffee is my absolute favorite coffee shop. From iced coffee to smoothies to milkshakes to bubble tea and frozen hot chocolate, Crucial Coffee offers anything you can think of. If the menu doesn't strike your fancy, they have every kind of flavor imaginable, and will custom make your order. This is especially true when it comes to hot chocolate: you can get your original hot chocolate, but if you're feeling a littlle daring, you can get a white chocolate and strawberry frozen hot chocolate or even a thin mint hot chocolate. Even though it is a small building, it has a beautiful outdoor seating area where you can drink your coffee while watching tourists walk by. One visit to this place, it will become obvious why it caters to tourists and locals alike.

2. The Bunnery-Located on St. George St., The Bunnery is a staple in St. Augustine. It is open for breakfast and lunch, and are probably known for their creative coffee menu. They have a special for every new season, and have the best pumpkin spice latte around. What is most impressive about The Bunnery is its presentation. Each drink is carefully made, topped with whipped cream, and served on a saucer. It is cheap, too, and that makes it very popular with the Flalgler College crowd.

3. The Kookaburra- This new coffee place is creating a storm in St. Augustine. This coffee place is owned by Australians and is nestled among various art galleries on Cathedral Place. The Kookaburra serves a wide array of coffee and even has a hot chocolate bar during the winter months. But besides the wonderful coffee, what keeps me coming back is being served by attractive men with Australian accents.

4. Cafe Hildago-This eclectic cafe is also located on St. George St. They not only serve coffee and sandwiches, but also gelato. My favorite thing to get there is an iced chai latte. I don't know what is different about this place, but their chai is so much creamier and richer than the regualr chai. It is decorated with old Spanish flare and provides a peaceful and unique atmosphere.

5. City Perks- This can also be found on St. George St., near the city gates. It has a wide array of drinks, including both coffee and smoothies. Nestled in a corner among small shops, it boasts a beautiful view of a courtyard. If you are ever in St. Augustine during St. Patrick's Day, it serves up a delicious Nutty Irishman latte.

About jc_carpenter


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.