Existing Member?

Thought I saw a Rainbow...

India-Beauty 6---03

INDIA | Tuesday, 15 January 2013 | Views [369]

  Yes,a strong heart is needed for India.If I am going to walk and live amoung the people,it is important to be able to accept the poverty,the shit,the dirt,and of course the beauty.

  The beauty is a part of India.In the faces of the children,playing in the roads or fields.In the eyes of a mother,coming back from the market.In the hearts of the very poor,as they maintain their dignaty and accept their fate.It is a bit unsettling,the peaceful way the very poor have accepted their poverty.At least 5000 years of oppression,has conditioned the lower castes to accept....The ones who don't,are taught leasons by the upper castes..by means of banishment,rape of girls and women,murder is real popular too.

   Sorry, I had to throw that in there because it is ever present in this society called India.So while I ramble on about the beauty,you must never forget the open sewers,cripples,homeless,death by stravation,female child murder,and so much shit I will get into in a little later.

   You see the beauty in the rice patties,surrounded palm trees,with water buffalo walking down the road beside you,as you nerviously watch them.The cows and buffalos on the sandy beaches,right next to the white,western chick wearing a thong bikini.The beauty of the sunsets,all that pollution over here,makes for some great sunsets.

   The flowers!.Some trees here flower year round.

   I know I told everyone that I was coming for white,sandy beaches and a vacation.But that is all an American mind can understand.They are rather limited that way.

   Now and then,I still go to the beach,but only to rest/retreat,to heal my heart,and gather my strenght to return to"My India."I am not on holiday.Make no mistake.What I see and do here every day is not a holiday.

   I spend my days venturing further and further into India.What I see,what I feel,what I do,will last me a life time.I will never forget India.But I am no tourist.

   My 1st month here,I lived in a studio apt.Had 2 English folks(not together)and a German,as nieghbors.Went to the beach with Bridget one day,as usual,she is hanging her large breasts out of a very small bikini.And gets mad when all of the Indian men stare at her chest.

  So it's cold beers,some sun,dips into the Arabian Sea,lunch in a beach shack and off for home.Walking on a raised road between 2 rice patty fields,we laughingly debate if there are any cobras in there.So I mention"That's why I'm walking in the middle of the road."No sooner then I say that ,a cobra comes onto the road at Bridget's feet!!.I throw an arm into her,knocking her back,and I jump forward.Snake moves on.

   But fuck!.It is so important to always be aware of your suroundings.It may be green.pretty flowers,and sunshine but Never forget You are in India......You are in India...

 

 

About jazzmanblues


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.