Existing Member?

Mark_Murphy Meanderings

Farewell to Phuket

PAPUA NEW GUINEA | Tuesday, 5 June 2012 | Views [359]

Thursday, our last day in Phuket, wow! the time has gone so fast. We headed into Patong on the bus from the resort and did some more shopping. We all had things we wanted to go back for. The shopping is so good, all copies of course, but good quality and cheap. You actually get used to bartering and to people trying to sell you stuff you don't want, but it is so cut throat for them to make a living. Gerard got his glasses fixed and we wandered around the big shopping centre.

 

We had a cooking lesson booked for 4pm and arrived back in time for afternoon tea and a swim before our cooking lesson. We learned how to cook two types of soup, two main courses and two desserts. All of them were yummy and we got to eat what we cooked. The strangest one was the pumpkin in coconut cream for dessert, but it was arguably nicer than the bananas in sugar syrup. We sat at the pool bar and used the last of out vouchers for cocktails and headed off to bed and packing up ready for tomorrow.

 

 

Travel Answers about Papua New Guinea

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.