Existing Member?

Mark_Murphy Meanderings

Last Day – home

AUSTRALIA | Sunday, 4 October 2009 | Views [372]

Well, my friends I am sitting at the airport waiting for our flight home. We were up at 6am and at the airport just after 7am. Our flight leaves at 9.45am and we will be back in Melbourne at 10.35am. So it will be a long day for us. I just have some time for reflecting on our travels.

 

Major highlights and comments. We had fun – a lot of fun and laughter. We saw lots, but there is a lot more to see. The company was fantastic and on the whole New Zealand people are lovely and very helpful.

 

Highlights 1-6

 

  1. Christchurch is a beautiful city you could easily live here and the pace is about 20 years ago compared to Melbourne.

  2. Queesntown and the boat ride up the Lake – it really is a beautiful place as well, but not to live there.

  3. The penguins and seals, lambs and calves – there is so much to see. As you drive around the countryside. I have never seen so many sheep.

  4.  Beautiful cheeses

  5. Dunedin – boat ride and penguin colony.

  6. The scenery really is beautiful.

 

Not so good lights 1-5

 

  1. The cold weather – particularly at Dunedin

  2. The barrenness of the countryside in the high country

  3. The times given to travel between locations was not always right and our itinerary may have been different

  4. It all went too quickly

  5. The grumpy man at the last Motel in Christchurch

 

So, I hope you have enjoyed my journal and its cheers for now as we board our plane.

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.