Existing Member?

Mark_Murphy Meanderings

Malaga

SPAIN | Tuesday, 16 August 2016 | Views [259]

We had a slow start today and wandered out to find breakfast. Fair goes from 12 noon until 6pm, but no-one actually knows this so there were already bands playing and people in the Streets by 11am. We walked down to the Tourist Information Centre and then went to the City Tour experts to book a day trip for tomorrow to Gibraltar. We found out that today is a bank holiday in Malaga. So that explains all the people being around. It will be interesting to see what it is like tomorrow.

We found a café for a breakfast of churros with chocolate, traditional Spanish breakfast food, and tea and coffee. We both wanted to see the Picasso Museum, so off we went to find it. It wasn’t too far away and we found it and went in. A Jackson Pollock exhibition was on too, so we got to see both. We really enjoyed learning all about Picasso and his paintings via the quiet vox’s. Jackson Pollock was interesting too, but that exhibition had other artist’s work such as Andy Warhol as well.

We found a nice little café for lunch and had rolls, croquettes and paella to share. It was yummy! I ordered a gin and tonic and Gerard a wine. In Spain Gin and Tonic means half a glass at least of gin and a dash of tonic. Phew! They nearly blow your head off. I have to add more of the tonic as soon as the waiter leaves.

After lunch we headed to the Carmen Thyssen Museum, which houses the paintings of the Spanish masters and enjoyed looking at them and a Pop Art exhibition as a huge contrast. It too, was very interesting and worth the visit.

We came home for some R & R and I booked accommodation in Seville and a flight from Seville to Barcelona. I got a really good deal for the accommodation at a 4 star Hotel in the middle of Seville for $56 per night. I checked and Seville Fair is in April. It is a shame the fair is on here as I think It is having an effect on what we feel we can do and where we can go.

We headed out for some food and ended up back where we had lunch for some more paella to share. They welcomed us back and even gave us bread and some Liqueur on the house. It was nice and had an aniseed flavour. Back to the Hotel for an early night as we need to be at the bus at 7am for our trip to Gibraltar and it will take is 20 mins to walk to the bus stop. 

 

 

Travel Answers about Spain

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.