Existing Member?

Mark_Murphy Meanderings

Prague 2

CZECH REPUBLIC | Sunday, 7 August 2016 | Views [249]

Our second day in Prague and we decide to go for a walk along the river and have a quieter day. Down at the river we wander along and parked under the bridge is a brand new Porsche 718 Boxster Spider. Gerard and Michael were so excited and their camera’s worked overtime. The guys with the car were taking photos for a motoring website they were setting up and had been out on the freeway in the car doing 290kmh the day before. They let Michael sit in the car and have his photo taken by Lee.

Gerard and I decided to go to a Museum about the 70s and 80s when Prague was occupied by the Communists and everything was the same. People lived in identical units with identical furniture, kids went to school in the same uniforms and the parents worked in factories. It was quite interesting. We also got access to the rooftop bar for some photos. While we did this Lee and Michael had gone back to the Charles IV Bridge.

We headed that way and met them at the bridge. We decided to walk over to the New Town and have some lunch. The main street was packed with tourists, so we headed to the quiet part of town and found a quaint little tavern for lunch. Lee and Michael had eaten so they went for a walk and we ate. I had a beautiful traditional goulash and Gerard ordered the traditional pork knuckle. It was massive – if that was his knuckle, it was more like half a pig’s leg, and we had a beer as well – also massive – they do big here very well without “upsize Me!” It was such a gorgeous tavern and Lee and Michael came back and joined us for a drink.

We walked back into town and to our hotel to wait for our airport transfer to take us to the airport for our flight to Stuttgart. We had time to sit and have a drink in the courtyard before out driver arrived. Back to the airport and Gerard gets the full search treatment again and Michael gets checked a bit too! 

 

 

Travel Answers about Czech Republic

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.