Existing Member?

Travelling Asia

See you later Cambodia

CAMBODIA | Sunday, 9 March 2014 | Views [328]

My last month in Cambodia has been a hectic ride of emotions with Michael arriving, leaving CWF, travelling to Siem Reap and having a small trip to the best hospital in town. I’ve had goodbye parties, beautiful gifts, Khmer kisses from students, happy pizza, spent hours in a board game café, hours playing cards with an IV in my hand and consumed  my own body weight in noodles, chocolate milk, banana cake and Khmer iced coffee (it has condensed milk in it). I’ve spent days staring at some of the most wonderful temples ever: Angkor Wat; Ta Phrom; Bayon and Banteay Srei.

Some advice about Siem Reap/Angkor Wat, doing it on the cheap.

-          Travel: rent a bicycle for a day is $1, it’ll take you between 30-60 minutes to reach any of the temples. It’s good to be outside, exercising and helping the environment as well as your pocket.

-          Food: take a turn from the pub/bar street and you’ll find some beautiful cheap eats with 30p draft beer. If you don’t mind spending a penny or two, eat at restaurants that train street kids and where their profit is used to help people.

In this town every cent/riel you spend you can help someone and ‘make a difference’. Ecotourism is the way forward. Now, let’s see what Thailand has to offer. It’ll take 9 hours, 10 dollars and by Tuesday evening I’ll be in the centre of Bangkok.

Peace. Jay 

About jaygotham

Cartwheeling at the Royal Palace

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Cambodia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.