Existing Member?

Diego and Jose's tequila tour!

Pichilingue – The first night on a Beach

MEXICO | Sunday, 19 July 2009 | Views [572] | Comments [1]

Jarrod with all his friends.

Jarrod with all his friends.

Heading further south on the Baja peninsula we finally arrived at the tranquil beach of Pichilingue…… Well, when I say tranquil I really mean nice looking at the water, turn around and you´ll see the rubbish and other remnants of the previous visitors. Apart from a couple of jet ski´s ripping up the waters in the cove and a group of young teens smoking and getting drunk for their first time on cheap tequila we pretty much had a section of beach to ourselves.

After a brief swim to cool down (it was damn hot!) we decided to head up to a restaurant 100 mexican metres away (400 metres) for a couple of Modelo Specials. It would be rude if we didn´t grab a beer to celebrate making it down the Baja. It´s also amazing how a beer and a swim in the sea can relax you.

Previously that day we had spent 6 hours on a well air-conditioned bus from Loreto to La Paz followed by a local bus to the beach. Note: Buses running north and south across the Baja have similar effects to deep freezers and you become totally oblivious to the scorching 40 degree temps outside until you step off.

With a few celebratory beers under the belt and ferry tickets in hand we managed to set up the tent only a few metres away from the gentle water lapping up at the beach. After throwing our stuff in the tent we head back up to the restaurant for some grub. We order to share a few octopus taco´s and a “Grand Red Snapper” which suprise, suprise ends up as Grand Red Snapper taco´s and we leave feeling very happy with ourselves. As the late sea breeze picks up and the last of the sun´s rays beam across the horizon we watch the group young teens trying unsuccessfully try to light a fire. We sit and watch the sunset and with the sea breeze whistling hard against us we both wonder about what adventures await us as we cross "The Sea of Cortex" and into the heart of Mexico. (At this point we thought about kissing but decided against it)

 

Comments

1

"(At this point we thought about kissing but decided against it)" BS, this aint Vegas no more guys so you are free to tell us everything you did ;)

  Ben Jul 29, 2009 2:10 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Mexico

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.