Existing Member?

THE BIG ONE From sea kayaking to sheep shaggin' New Zealand has it all!

Sky Diving and Smelly Eggs

NEW ZEALAND | Thursday, 7 February 2008 | Views [1513]

Well here we are nearing the end of the journey. I'll try and fill you in on whats been happening. We last left you when we were on route to Lake Taupo for my Sky diving.

Taupo is a wonderful lake, NZ's biggest, situated in the middle of north island surrounded by Volcanoes, so the view from the air is stunning. We camped at a nice quiet place on the edge of town and the next morning dawned bright and beautifull. With my heart in my mouth I was kitted up  by an instructor who assurred me everything was safe and then before i could kiss my arse goodbye i was strapped to him and bundled into a wee plane with 10 others and off we went. 30 mins later we were at 15,000 ft and i was really beginning to shit myself, especially when the door was opened and you get dangled into mid air literally hanging by yer pants. When you finally jump it's one hell of a rush. Free fall lasts for 60 secs and you do 0-200+ km per hr in less than 7 seconds.

Basically its all over in a blur, your parachute is then pulled and your balls seem to catch in your throat! Cough cough!! You then serenly float down to earth and take in the wonderful views. Would definately do it again!

After I had recovered we moved on to Rotura where there were the famous geysers and maoris shows. Did the lot and thoroughly enjoyed it although the whole place smelt like someone had dropped one. A highlight was the Haka performed with some really great face pulling!

Tags: Adrenaline

 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.