Existing Member?

THE BIG ONE From sea kayaking to sheep shaggin' New Zealand has it all!

The Abel Tasman

NEW ZEALAND | Tuesday, 29 January 2008 | Views [594]

Beautiful national park with a famous tramp which runs along the coast at the north end of the south island. We did a day walk along the track and found some wonderful secluded beaches. The next day we met our guide for our 2 day sea kayaking adventure. It turns out we were the only 2 doing this so it was fab. We caught a water taxi to the north end of the park and then took 2 days kayaking back stopping off along the way to see seals in a marine reserve and a variety of birdlife including the worlds smallest penguin, "the blue penguin". The sandflies are stilling eating us too!

Really enjoyed ourselves but unfortunately I wiped all pictures of the memory card. Oops! So i'm in the dog house. 

We have just spent the night back at shauns in wellington after an uneventfull ferry back to the north island and are off to Lake Taupo where tomorrow I jump out of a plane from 15,000 ft. Whooppeeeee!!

See kate for the will

Byeee XX

Tags: Beaches & sunshine

 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.