Existing Member?

Backpacking Solo

Finally Here :)

AUSTRALIA | Wednesday, 19 October 2005 | Views [465]

I've finally made it down under, its taken over 20 hours, but I can honestly say they were all worth it, infact they flew by (pardon the pun) the longest parts of the flights werethe last 30mins when we were landing. OMG the heathrow to HK flight i had this blob of a man, who once he spotted they had the HK to AU films on decided to tell every1 how he was gonna su Cathay Pacific for false advertising or somet, then he though he P me off by whistling and coughing and reading a broadsheet.....nevermind soon went to sleep although it was about depressing to wake up and see "7 hours to destination".

Touched down in HK had a walk around for 20mins, then had to be on next flight to sydney...the pilot did warn us there may be some turbulance as there were some tropical thunder storms dotted about....was nuthin bad, although it was cool seeing the stroms from a distance seein the whole clouds light up as the lightening crackled through them, and it was strange lightening, orange, still wicked!!! beated looking at dark sky.

My first glimpses of OZ were lights spaced few and far between and then as it got lighter, could see between the cloud gaps lots and lots of sand, greenery and lines (i assume roads) my first reactions to seein Sydney from the sky...."doesnt it look like england" with a foriegn feel of course. didnt see any sight from the air :( gonna have to pay to go and see them.

Just checked into this hostel called wakeup, dead nice, clean, full of friendly people, just been chatting to these girls from UK, very nice, theyve been here for 2 to 3 months, been up and down the east coast, whcih i think will be my next port of call. I tell you wot was wiered, I booked into a dorm with 7 other people, now i didnt actually think any futher ahead than the step i was taking, i went barging into this dorm, forgetting that it was just gone 8, half of them still in bed, i didnt wake any1 but i had to creep around like the new guy, didnt wana P any1 off. Plonked my bag on my bed and skidoodled down here before the sleepyness gets a hold of me. The hostel is $24 a night, but u get showers, common room, kitchen, food storage, lounge, theres a bar in the basement.

Just opened a bank account, wot a palarva....i cant be bothered to go into it, as im still recovering.

The weather is slightly slighty overcast but its hot, hotter than UK.

Anways im gonna shoot, see wot i can see, mite have to go bk for a sleep i fink, can feel my eyes gettin heavier.

speak soon :)

Tags: On the Road

About james


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.