Existing Member?

24/7 together in different countries From Asia to South America - Central America - Europe - Asia and back to Australia in 4 months

Netherlands and UK

AUSTRALIA | Monday, 27 June 2011 | Views [689] | Comments [1]

The last big flight together… From Cancun to Brussels..

 

We had a nice seat and the service was great! Love the little Belgium chocolate they served after dinner.

We tried to catch some sleep, and finally in the morning we arrived in Belgium, one little trip on the train and arrived at a friend of Karolien. We excepted cold Dutch weather, but especially for us a beautiful day.  When we arrived we where not the most sociable people, we crashed out big times on the bed. The next day, they lent us a car and we got a change to see some of the South of Holland (although it was a shitty rainy day) After a few days of recovering we took the train up North to meet Karoliens mum. She picked us up from the train station and had a lovely time in the North of Holland. James got to experience a raw fish called ‘haring’  and of course the amazing cheeses. But the biggest surprise was when we drove in the country side and he saw a massive field full of weed.. (they grow hennep in Holland for clothing, but he did not believe me) After a few days we headed to the West and spend some time on a Dutch Island called ‘Texel’ Again we were lucky with the weather and had dinner at a restaurant where they served the best lamb ever.. Yeah even better than the ones in Ozz!

It was an amazing!

 

Before we headed over to the UK we had to experience Amsterdam. But much further than the red light district we didn’t go lots of women behind the window (incl tax) , coffee shops and bars. Something James never had seen before.  

A good way to finish the visit to the Netherlands.

 

Now just one week left together in the UK. First we visited Uncle Trevor in the South of England and we celebrated James his B-Day (First time in long time James remembered the next day because he wasn’t drunk this time)

It was really nice in the South, but we had to head North to visit Uncle Rodney and Anty Jo. We decided to rent a car and Mrs Tom Tom helped us on our way. It was incredible busy on the road with all the trucks and traffic unreal!

But we arrived safe and sound and had a lovely time in the North as well.

With the family but also we seen the lake district, which is propably one of the best parts of England.

 

And then the day came to say goodbye to each other.. Unfortunately we don’t know for how long, we have to wait again for the right visa..

 

But It has been an amazing trip!!!

Comments

1

Hey Karo, ik heb me regelmatig afgevraagd of je nog terugkomt naar Broome? Zo te lezen is het jullie samen goed gegaan de gehele reis, dat is geweldig. Laat je even wat van je horen? Ik heb je email adres niet meer... Liefs en groeten van Astrid & Joy

  Astrid Oct 13, 2011 7:00 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.