Existing Member?

24/7 together in different countries From Asia to South America - Central America - Europe - Asia and back to Australia in 4 months

Mexico

AUSTRALIA | Monday, 27 June 2011 | Views [451]

 

Mexico

Back in Central America Mexico-Cancun the country of the hot spices, cheap corona and sombreros.

We got island addicted, and there is just one off Cancun called Isla Mujares. The boat ride was very smooth and on the island we booked in, in a very nice hostel. We caught up on some more sleep and we were ready to get some coronas in us. Fortunately there was a big fishing competition being held, and they caught some biiiiggg fish like Mahi Mahi, tuna, wahoo and marlin. And they hang it up to weigh it. The whole town was out to party and eat fresh fish.

Although the reviews about the island where that it was quite unspoiled, but the tourism hit this hub big times. The beach front was built with big hotels and resorts and you have to pay to access the beach with the nice coral. How ridiculous! Anyway still all very beautiful but the views get a bit spoiled by too many yanks.

After 2 days we seen enough and decided to to Isla Holbox, another tropical but much quieter island. It is a 3,5 hour bus ride away but worth it!

We booked ourselves in a nice hut near the beach and we can cook our own tucker again.

We chilled out en relaxed big times on this island. There are again plenty of activities to do but out of our budget range. We tried to catch some fish and we had a few drinking- sessions with another Ozzie couple good fun!

On Sunday we are going to catch the plane to Brussels, and because transport can be funny sometimes we decided to go to Cancun on Saturday. The Ozzie couple told us about a last-minute website. And we found a great deal for a all inclusive hotel. We decided we can spoil ourselves one more time. And it was great !! food and drinks all day.. yummmm (love the cocktails!!!)

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.