Existing Member?

24/7 together in different countries From Asia to South America - Central America - Europe - Asia and back to Australia in 4 months

Colombia-Bogota-Leticia

COLOMBIA | Tuesday, 22 March 2011 | Views [693] | Comments [2]

 

Buenos dias, Como esta?

Well I shall take over from where Karolien finished her chapter.

We flew into Bogota, Colombia with major jetlag again and all we wanted was a good bed to crash out on, the hostel we picked was nice but the beds were as hard as hell, bugger,

Colombia is beautiful, and so are the women, a single mans heaven! The next day we ventured out to a church on top of a huge mountain, 3600m to be exact, I got a bit crook from the altitude but all good, an awesome view from the top over the whole city! we took some nice photos and had lunch up there. (no idea what it was but tasty)

We were staying in the older part of Bogota and our hostel is just across the road from the university and when we arrived back from our morning excursion all the uni students had finished for the week and it was party time!! the place was going off, when I say the women are nice, the ratio is about 9 women to 1 bloke!

Bogota Has an average temperature of about 14 degrees, so it drops considerably cold at night, between 6 and 8 degrees, we were bloody cold! (but a good opportunity to snuggle up!)

The Friday markets were on so we rugged up and staggered down the hill to check things out. Bloody freaks everywhere, from nuns to transvestites on crack! A real eye opener.

Everyone is so friendly and always laughing with a big grin on there faces, hard to believe though, they have it so hard, its like stepping back in time, they still use donkeys to cart most of there shit around! We were both a bit concerned because we heard that it can be quite dangerous in south America but there's policia walking around with AK 47s and rottwielers next to them keeping an eye on everything, so you feel safe.

The foods great and the piss is cheap, about 80c for a cold beer and for a main meal we pay about $3.50, that includes an entre also! And the meals are huge with good meat.

12th of March we arrived in Letica which is a 2 hour flight south of Bogota and has a population of about 35k, and is in the middle of the Amazon,together on the border of Peru and Brazil, no problem at all to have a pub stroll in three countries, and it is fucking hot!!

The first night we stayed in a hostel which is only 5 weeks old, the beds were great and the owners were lovely making us feel right at home. The food and drinks are getting cheaper the more isolated we travel which is great. For a Sunday roast there is a whole pig with its guts taken out and stuffed with rice and veggies and other shit, bloody amazing.

Letica is an amazing spot,

13th of March we decided to head outta town to chill out in the jungle for a couple of days, we stumbled across a hostel in the jungle with little huts for a good price, $15 per night with our own kitchen and shitter, luxury! We head back into town on the 15th of march to cruise down the Amazon on a boat to another spot called Iquitos which is in Peru, about 10 hours I think, maybe we stay there for a few days...chao for now

Comments

1

Great story!
Where are the pics? I'm curious!
Have an awsome time together and see a lot!
Lots of love Jolanda

  Jolanda Mar 22, 2011 4:52 AM

2

Smashing pics, I especially loved the one of you Karo with the Sloth asleep on your shoulder, reminds me of James when he's had a skinful, and is snuggling up to you!!

  LesleyMum Mar 23, 2011 2:48 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Colombia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.