Existing Member?

Walkabout 2011

Mon 10 Oct 11

USA | Tuesday, 11 October 2011 | Views [188]

Departed E'town early around 7.30am and re-traced our steps up the Bluegrass Parkway, east to Lexington and then via I 64 all the way east to Charleston West Virginia and thence via the West Virginia Turnpike to Beckley.  Then it was NE to rejoin I 64 which finally intersected with I 81 and we finished up at around 4.30pm at Staunton VA for the night.

Almost had a prang around Charleston, when a fellow entering the Interstate decided to come right across the three lane highway from right to left and wanted to join me in the left lane.  I was watching him, but didn't think he would be so stupid as to cut across all the traffic from the entry ramp to the fast lane - he did though.

I hit the brakes and he just cleared the front of my car - I let him know what a fool he was, but I think he must have been on bad weed, because he took not the slightest notice of me and sped away with no regrets.  Lucky fellow - as was I.

Autumn is well and truly here. The change in the colour of the woods is remarkable, with a wide range of hues from yellow to orange, red and brown, as well as green.  It is really very pretty but a harbinger of the cold to come - we'll be back enjoying summer when that happens !  (Tries to paint a picture of a finger up a nose.)      

About jamag


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.