Existing Member?

Taking the Long Way Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable.

Nha Trang

VIETNAM | Thursday, 5 March 2009 | Views [567]

I arrived in Nha Trang about 7am all disgruntled and out of sorts due to no sleep on the sleeping bus what so ever. It was a bit of a disappointment after the last one, this bus had permanently reclined seats and a driver who played hip-hop very loud for the entire 13 hour bus ride.

Nha Trang is a very popular tourist destination, similar to the Gold Coast for us really. It has beautiful bays and really nice beaches (by Vietnamese standards) and is a pretty funky place to spend a few days, if you don't mind being stopped every 2m to be asked if you want to buy a book, watch, cigarettes, drugs or anything else the locals can possibly cart around on their backs or in their pockets.

Rather than waste a day sleeping I booked myself straight onto an island hopping tour that was leaving at 8am. I figured that would be a pretty cruisey way to spend the day, lazing about on beaches. I assumed wrong. Turns out that the boat only stops at one of the 4 islands and the rest of the day is basically a booze cruise (much better than my snake village surprise). It turned out to be a long day of drinking, swimming, karaoke and dancing; followed by a long night of the same (minus the swimming).

It was alot of fun and although the snorkelling was dreadful (you would see more fish and less rubbish in your bathtub) and I had to pay to sit on the one and only beach we went to, I did get to go para-sailing which I've always wanted to do.

And I finally headed to bed in the wee hours of the morning with a splitting headache from too much sun, too much beer and not enough sleep. The good news is I'm not itchy anymore :)

About jadepeters


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Vietnam

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.