Existing Member?

Taking the Long Way Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable.

Loving Lombok

INDONESIA | Thursday, 12 February 2009 | Views [493]

I finally made it to Senggigi, Lombok with no thanks to any of the boat men, ferry masters, drivers or tour agents on the way! The short flight from Denpasar to Mataram was quite evntful (read: turbulent) and I truly believe I saw my life flash before my eyes on the steepest decent I have ever expereienced. I thought there was no landing other than a crash landing at that angle.
But none the less, we managed to find our way safe and sound to the Sheraton Senggigi late Sunday afternoon and have hardly ventured out of the grounds since.
The place is gorgeous and the staff very attentive. There is really not much to do on Lombok except relax so I am getting my money's worth of that while I can, knowing that I won't have the opportunity to stay in luxury again for a looong time.
So sorry, no mishaps or exciting events to speak of this week. Just a very cruisey time enjoying my last week with Luke and sipping drinks by the pool :)
I just have to say the buffett breakfast is like nothing I have ever seen before. There is every imaginable food from pizza to pasties, chicken to cheese and everything in between. They even have a chocolate fondue fountain!!!

About jadepeters


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Indonesia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.