Existing Member?

The Great Marchment Europe Tour

The First Day

AUSTRALIA | Thursday, 5 September 2013 | Views [315]

So far it has been hectic and some of the the things that have happened so far have been unexpected. First off the whole family woke up at 3:00am in the morning Mitch and me were not that tired cause we were looking forward to arriving at Melbourne. 20mins into the trip my dad decided to get a coffee at McDonalds after that i decided to start my homework so i didn't have to do it at the end of the day, 2hrs into the trip we heard this strange noise at first we thought we hit something so we decided to pull over on the side of the highway. But when my dad got outside he didn't see anything on any of the wheels so he pulled up the bonet of the car and saw the fanbelt wrapped around the motor so he untaggled it from were it was and noticed that it was shreded up into long strips. Once my dad told everyone what had happended we all new that we were going to be there for a while. Mitch and i then went on our iPads so we didn't end up getting bored or anything so we called up jeep to see if we could get towed. After 5mins We got an answer and they said yes but we world have to wait an hour for him to get here as the hour went passed the guy ended up getting there and looked a bit like Papa Smurf he hooked the car up to the tow truck and took us to the place were our car had to be fixed at  on the way to the place we sort of got a tour of New Castle. Some of the things he showed us were the Train wheels factory it was quite large, it wasn't really a big road trip to were we were headed too. We thanked the guy for the ride and went inside the office it was alright it had a Lounge, TV, Coffee/Tea machines and a park near by etc. I sat in the lounge curiously waiting for my mum how long we have to wait for our car to get fixed my mum comfirmed that it was a couple of hours so we had a walk around the area it was okay.... I guess we did a little bit of shopping at IGA and got back at the office place were our car was getting fixed and then they told us that we might need to get accommodation. So my Mum rung up Jeep to see if they could give us a hire car and a place to stay over night cause the repair office said we wont be able to get the car in a while so we had to get a hire car to get to melbourne once we got the hire car we were given directions to a little villa which seemed quite mordern but small we ended up having chicken in bread for dinner then after woulds i had weet-bix for a snack. We started to get ready for showers cause we didn't get any in the morning we ended the day off by watching some Australias Got Talent (TV show) We ended up getting to sleep 5mins later after the show had finished!!

Tags: car breaking down, walking around

About j_mac


Follow Me

Where I've been

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.