Existing Member?

Sister Adventures

More Castle

CZECH REPUBLIC | Thursday, 16 July 2015 | Views [218]

Stain glass window. St. Vitus Cathedral, Prague Castle

Stain glass window. St. Vitus Cathedral, Prague Castle

Thursday July 16th 


Back up up all of those steps and off to see the St. Vitus Cathedral, the Golden passage, the powde tower and the Rosenburg Palace. 

The cathedral was amazing! The great number of massive stain glass windows and intricate patterns was awe inspiring. This church was very ornate! Oh never to be bored during Sunday mass, there would always be something to stare at. 

The most entertaining area was definitely the golden passage. It told the story of the armour worn over the years and had a huge collection of arms. They included small little homes lived in up until 1952 and not really big enough for a mouse. The author Franz Kafka lived in number 22 writing at least one of his famous pieces of literature. The doors were so small that I had to duck and even then I manage to bonk my head a couple of times. Down in the dungeons were all sorts of nastiness. They showed where the forger lived, the chemist and even the mystic, who was tortured to death for predicting the fall of the third Reich. Just imagine the medieval feast that the grade 8 social studies class could have in this courtyard? 

Back to the apartment for anothe beer and a rest. 

 

 

Tags: sight seeing

About j-a-z

Off to catch a train. It is 36 degrees and we finally found the bike path.

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Czech Republic

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.