Existing Member?

Sister Adventures

More Prague

CZECH REPUBLIC | Wednesday, 15 July 2015 | Views [272]

John Lennon wall, Prague.

John Lennon wall, Prague.

Thursday, July 15th, 

Today we went to visit the John Lennon wall. It is a live piece of Art work that continually changes. It marks the end of an era, the death of John Lennon and a symbol of the freedom that the youth in Prague wanted. It was very cool. We were even seranaded by a street performer singing Let it Be. 

We then hiked up to the castle bought our tickets ahd headed into the royal palace. It seems that all of those stairs at SMA prepared me for the climb to the castle. I did not have any difficulty getting up and Anna did. The castle was interested, but not what I expected. We toured the main hall and then found ourselves at the exit. When we realized that we had missed most of th visit we tried to go back. A lady at the exit would not allow it, but we outsmarted her by asking to return to the gift shop and then made our way upstairs. The royal palace was mostly about how the monarchy ruled. It included the great hall, the royal court and the area that the archives were kept. Not what I was expecting. 

Our next place was a subterranean vault that described the history of the castle from 3000 yrs before Christ up to present day including the communist era. It was very interesting, but Anna and I were museum ex out by the end. We had a little break, ate our lunch and went to see the last monument. 

St. George's Basilica of St. George the dragon slayer fame is a Romanesque church with little adornments in compariason with the cathedral across the courtyard. It is the burI'll place of many saints and bishops ano quite beautiful in a very serene way. 

That marked the end of our castle visit for the day. We walked by the astronomical clock on our way home for our daily beer and rest, before the evening stroll.

Tags: sight seeing

About j-a-z

Off to catch a train. It is 36 degrees and we finally found the bike path.

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Czech Republic

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.