Existing Member?

Sister Adventures

Bee line to Linz

AUSTRIA | Monday, 13 July 2015 | Views [315]

Michael from Steinenburg. He cycled the last 30 km with us into Linz.

Michael from Steinenburg. He cycled the last 30 km with us into Linz.

Monday, July 13th,

Cylcing to Linz was a pleasure. We only had 35 km to go thanks to my cracking the whip yesterday and insisting that we press on. Part of the reason that is was such a nice ride was that we met up wih a lovely German boy named Michael. He rode with us the whole way to Linz, chatting all the while. We made it to Linz with out even getting off our bikes, which for Anna and I is quite impressive. Michael is 25 years old and on holiday between his bachelors and masters degrees. He is travelling all the way down the Danube to the Black sea from a small town in the far west of Germany. He is riding alone and so was very happy to talk to us gals. He says that now he is good for another 5 days without speaking to anyone else. 

The bike trail is fab in this part of the country, all flat and we had the added bonus of the wind, what little thee was, at our backs. 

In Linz we found a cafe that served Lizertorte and the train station with ease, which is a great thing since we had no idea where we were going. We are now waiting for the train. Anna got her time wrong and we are 2.5 hours early. All is good, better early than late!

5 hours to Prague...

Tags: on the road again

About j-a-z

Off to catch a train. It is 36 degrees and we finally found the bike path.

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Austria

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.