Existing Member?

Sister Adventures

Vac to Esteragom

HUNGARY | Thursday, 9 July 2015 | Views [359]

The panorama window Esteragom

The panorama window Esteragom

Thursday Juiy 9th,

The weather broke and it is 24 degrees to start our ride. We are heading into a stiff wind for 43 km from Vac to Esteragom. Both towns are in Hungary.

Vac is a quaint little town, with a church on a hill...of course. We cycled Round for a few minutes and then began our trip to Esteragom. The path was great although not as good as Austria, only a few more bumps. We took note of all the camping sites along the way. We stopped in a beautiful little overlook cafe and bar that turned out to be a camp ground. For only 4euros you can stay, have a shower and a beer. Not a bad deal. Both Anna and I were feeling that beer when we got back on our bikes. I just about pitched when passing some path resurfacing, but ,a aged to hold on and only had to put my foot down.

On our way into Spitz, where the ferry was there were trees full of fruit, my favourite thing! There were plums and cherries mostly.

We arrived in Esteragom at 2 pm and went sightseeing. There is a basilica in this tiny little town that rivalled the Vatican. The inside is all. Made of marble and the basilica is huge. Any and I went up to the look out where you could see the entire country, or so it seemed. We then were on a mission to spend the rest of our Forents, we failed, but gave it a good college try. The cruise director told us to have 5000 Forents or 15 euros for the day. In reality we only needed 1100. 310 Forents = 1 euro.

Back on the ship at 4:45 and sailing by 5:30.

 

Tags: cycling

About j-a-z

Off to catch a train. It is 36 degrees and we finally found the bike path.

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Hungary

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.