Existing Member?

Irene's Adventures

Sardinia - Stintino

ITALY | Sunday, 11 September 2005 | Views [306]

  beach life

We headed north to Stintino. We passed some wind turbines, which I had never seen before. They were much bigger than I had thought. The countryside was rolling and quiet beautiful.

Situated near Stintino at Capo Falcone, La Pelosa is one of the premier beaches in Sardinia. It is a paradise of soft white sand beach, overlooking a sea of glass, crystal and shades of colors ranging from dark blue, light blue and turquoise. The beach is very flat, tapering towards the sea and there are nearly no waves because a small island, on which the granite sarazene tower (the "Falcone") is located, directly in front of the beach. The much bigger Asinar island protects the beach from the currents of the Mediterranean sea. A few years prior a storm washed away much of the sand, which resulted in a much smaller beach, leaving huge boulders to maneuver around to get to the sandy part.

 

Stintino    beach

We lazed in the sun and played in the water. It was lovely!

 Irene at Stintino

We stayed only the day, heading back to Alghero and sorting ourselves out for the road trip to the east side of the island, to Cala Gonone.

 

 

 

 

 

About irenecabay

Irene Cabay

Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Italy

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.