Existing Member?

Shitscared and headfirst into Chaos

Pole Land

POLAND | Saturday, 23 October 2010 | Views [438]

Upon arrival in Poland (if you have arrived from Italy), you will notice that the ladies in this country are tall and leggy indeed. A welcome relief from the relentless torrent of mutated dwarf people that seem to occupy the boot at the bottom of Europe. Embarking upon a culinary excursion into a resteraunt in Warsaw is not only a relief to the wallet but also a relief for the tastebuds. I am proud to say i have not eaten tomato since leaving Italy, and the thought hasn't crossed my mind. It is not a taste that i miss at this point in time.

So for the last 2 weeks we have been staying on the outskirts of a small town called Bartoszyce ( yes a mouthfull, actually pronounced BART-OH-SHITS-EH), the land is relatively flat, and you wouldn't necessarily come to this region to relieve the monotony of the landscape. What makes it worth coming to this region is not the landscape but the trees. At this time of year the forests look as if they are on fire, without the residual heat and crisping problems of actually being in a forest that is on fire. The landscape looks as if it has been brushed with a mad painters skill, daubing the land with patches of brilliant trees, yellow, orange and the occaisional splash of red. There is a lot of farmland but there are a lot of forests as well.


The last 2 weeks have been a chance to relax and adjust to the climate change that is Poland. Already on some nights the temperature is dropping to -7 degrees, grass is frozen in the mornings and cars are covered a thick dusting of frost. Puddles in some forest areas are already turning into slabs of ice with frogs lying at the bottom. Interestin for me, but i'm sure its a little uncomfortable for the frogs.

About incarna


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Poland

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.