Existing Member?

Shitscared and headfirst into Chaos

Ahhh Beautiful Wien

AUSTRIA | Monday, 2 August 2010 | Views [340] | Comments [1]

Okay so i've been bitching and moaning a lot recently. I guess China wasn't really that bad, or maybe i'm already starting to get rose tinted glasses. So it might come as a relief to everybody that i am actually not going to moan today.

If there is a place that is perhaps the complete opposite of China i would have to say that place would be something a lot like Austria. It has to mean something when i feel tension flooding out of my system when arriving at Frankfurt to change planes for Vienna. I dislike Frankfurt, the last few times i have past through there it was irritating, but this time it was pleasant. It helps a lot when the airport staff are all smiley and in a good mood. After about half an hour of great treatment and not one sour look i started to get suspicious. It sunk in suddenly that i had arrived on Friday evening, everyone was just about to clock off and possibly get tanked and have the requisite sausage (lol that sounds so bad). It looked like good times were ahead. And i was right.

Vienna i love you, yes there is some strangeness (such as the nudists that seem seem to spring up like weeds around the lake in the park near our hotel), but what the hell, it wouldn't be Europe without some odd behaviour. I have been here for 2 days, and the stress that China had flooded my system with has finally leeched away, and i am basking in the afterglow. Of course a few beers helps (by the way steer clear of Salzburger Stiegl, it's pretty rank IMO).

I'm a bit scattered at the moment but tommorow i will be posting a detailed rundown of everything that has happened over the past 5 days or so.

Comments

1

Germanic speaking and nudism seems to just go 'hand in hand'. I was at a 3 star hotel over there and went to the pool, around 10pm, and there was some guy doing laps, and I thought, woaaaah! something isn't right here, but there were enough ripples on the water to be unsure.

I stayed well away, just in case, and sure enough, I had to divert my eyes about 5 minutes later, to avoid the bratwurst!

  andrew rutherford Aug 2, 2010 2:20 PM

About incarna


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Austria

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.