Existing Member?

Shitscared and headfirst into Chaos

Voyage into the rising sun... or whatever

CHINA | Tuesday, 13 July 2010 | Views [274]

Okay so today was the day that we embarked upon getting to mainland China. Fucking hell, what a debacle, we got here but not without a few issues. First up, i haven't had a chance to see much as today was so hectic getting from Hong Kong to Guangzhou, passing through immigration tackling the Guangzhoue East Railway terminus was almost the straw that broke the camels back. Talk about a shit fight, going from world class shopping centre to old ladies with wobbly trollies trying to coerce you into letting them carry your luggage for money. I gotta say they are persistent.

Trying to get away from the Railway station in the bludgeoning heat was a nightmare, we had to get to Baiyun Airport and supposedly there was a coach stop for some Line 6C we were supposed to get. Well after an hour of searching and searching and crawling acrosss the concrete we gave in. It had to be a taxi, we scrambled around to an oversized taxi stand (after some helpful pointers given to us by a taxi driver in the street that involved a fair bit of hand waving and a thumbs up). Everything is oversized in China. Why have one flashing neon sign when you can have ten. This all leads to an inescapable in your facce charm. I haven't had a chance to see anything yet but i already have much more of an impression of character than Hong Kong.

More updates tommorow.

About incarna


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about China

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.