Existing Member?

Shitscared and headfirst into Chaos

Last Day

AUSTRALIA | Sunday, 11 July 2010 | Views [327] | Comments [3]

Today we have got to get to Hung Hom train station to get tickets to mainland China. It's easy to feel unenthusiastic about going outside here in HK. You get used to the air conditioning and when stepping outside the air hits you like a blow. The real problem though is that in my opinion Hong Kong is a soulless uninspiring place.

Yeah i'm sure for the average tourist, if they were to pop in they would think it was a seething mass of life, i don't know. All i'm seeing is a concrete blight spreading like a cancer. I know this is a harsh opinion and perhaps slightly coloured by the heat, but i feel sorry for anyone that has to live here. This place is 100% shopping aimed at selling you expensive fake shit that you don't need and really not much else. It's the only place i have been to in the world, other than Frankfurt, that has made me think i'll be glad to get out.

If you are planning a stopover in Hong Kong on your way to somwhere else, do yourself a favour and choose Tokyo, it kicks arse all over this hellhole.

Comments

1

Haha, not a fan of honkers ay man?

tell us what you really think mate.

Good luck in China my brother, say hi to Eve too.

  Noel Jul 12, 2010 10:09 PM

2

Haha, not a fan of honkers ay man?

tell us what you really think mate.

Good luck in China my brother, say hi to Eve too.

  Noel Jul 12, 2010 11:25 PM

3

yeah it was a bit of a shit pit

  incarna Jul 13, 2010 7:43 AM

About incarna


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.