Existing Member?

All in a lifetime's work.

Valentines and bikes.

USA | Sunday, 19 February 2012 | Views [400]

My cooking adventures have continued. It is fun to see what I can create and how, if at all, I would like to modify it for next time. On my recently cooked/baked list, you will find

coconut almond chocolate chicp cookies,

parmesan roasted potato wedges,

kickin´ guac,

wild rice and chicken soup

aaaannndd homemade pizza. (Pre/post oven)

Wow, that was a mouth full. (.. no pun intended!) 

For Valentine´s day, P took me out to the Melting Pot for a quiet, yummy dinner. It reminded me of being in Korea the way we got to cook the food on our own right in front of us at the table. For those of you who don´t know, the Melting Pot is a fondu restaurant where you cook/dip various foods from fruit to meat in cheese, broth and chocolate, depending on the course. It was great! You just need to watch out for the hot fondu forks.. they are hot. We called it a relatively early night as we were both tired from a long day at work.

P and I had been planning on starting to go biking to get back in shape and as a fun hobby, espcially seeing as though he lives near an interstate bike path. The other weekend we went to buy bikes together. I am really excited because not only did I buy a beauty of a bike, but I got it for nearly a steal! I left it at the shop since it is still icky weather but am really anxious to go pick it up so we can start biking. I will post a picture of it once I get the opportunity to do so.

The kiosk is finally closed. I could jump for joy! It took a lot of energy to wrap that beast up. It will be a while before I work another 70hr week (let alone almost 1.5 months worth of that) and I am so happy about it! I ended up sleeping for 18 hrs, followed by a 15 hr night the two days I had off immediately after closing it and not so surprisingly, I got sick. It´s not too terrible, just a head cold and some allergies. Lots of tea, honey and sleep should be the cure!

I cannot remember if I had mentioned this previously, but after speaking with several people at HQ, I think that if the Finance Department wanted me, I think they would have hired me by now. I am going to put a bow on that experience and consider it over. If they do come back to offer me a position, I will clearly consider it but I think it is doubtful at the moment. Further, I had been asked by the Marketing manager to apply for a 5 week temp position. I am on round 2 and will have to present a marketing plan/proposal to the manager and the associate director of the department. I know the AD relatively well but only know the manager through the interview process. That is coming up Wednesday morning. Hopefully, I will be over this silly head cold/sleeping binge by then so my mind will be clear for the interview.

Until next time!

About imatravelin


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.