Existing Member?

Beamish and me wales, England, Scotland, Wales

music?

FRANCE | Sunday, 7 September 2014 | Views [290]

Sitting here listening to the worst singing possible...a group called the tenerifes... sounded good the first time I heard them but things have changed. Still its qes free entertainment on  a saturday afternoon.  The classical music finished last weekend with a classical guitarist good music but no preformer in the church. 20 people came to listen and another 20 wandered in an , eft again after a quick look at the church, He cant have been part of the official scene, considering he had no intro duction or was even on the official programme. Unfortunately he was also a bit drowned out by the regular karoke guy outside oneof the bars a hundred yards away The night before it was a section of strings from various orchestras around France, and it was amazing the volume 2 violins,  cellos, and violas produce, their version of the Pastoral had a standing ovation in a nearly full church, complete with  an introduction by the head of the tourist office, for the local entertainment director and he then introduced the musicians. One other I went to was obviously for the plebs, again a string section of 10 this time from an orchestra in Barcelona,  who had a completely irreverent and very funny programme of popular piece's , of course they included a sardana and got a standing ovation for their efforts. Organ recitals are on often on the organ which has a date of 17 something on it...need I say more, tried one never again!  All in all the town puts on a fair variety of entertainment, .Artisans in national dress somehow were invisible yesterday.

Temps have hit the heights agian this week, 41 in the car from Perpignan, and in the 30's on the pharmacy, good days of sunshine,...typical for return to school time.Flights now booked and have to start thinking about whats next? Lots of fantasys but.... have I the gumption? At least the bank bbalance hasn't depleted too much,  but no sign of the house selling, so it may be wise to add a few more pennies before the next trip??

 

About imaoptimist


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.