Existing Member?

Beamish and me wales, England, Scotland, Wales

walking is good for you?

FRANCE | Sunday, 6 July 2014 | Views [271] | Comments [1]

For most of June my walking was limited and was reduced to using 2 sticks for any ghing more than 10 minutes-didn't stop me from doing things, just getting there. The sticks have been great , letting me go further without getting knee pain,   but did a bit of self defibrillation when accidently leant them against an electric fence and the leant against them! But survived and last week my knee was so good , Saturday was so lovely, that I headed out, new boots on feet with my sticks to conquer a 8k walk. I'd tried this walk before and took 2 1/2 hours to do half of it, and that is the time for the full walk, anyway did first 15 mins and got a blister- thought it was too warm to wear the proper socks!!! Today I succeeded and did the walk in 4 hours, mind you did an hours detour following the directions of the tourist offic rather than looking at the map, so climbed 700m rather than just the 400 of the walk. Pen y fan will be a piece of cake now! Not quite unscathed though as while I am now sitting watching la tour of Yorkshire on french tv my calf is doing a little dance alll by itself. Give me another month and it will be the longer walk to the Col du Miracle, and it will be if I make it!

Comments

1

Hi imaoptimist! Finally found your blog and hope you're having a great time Love sianxxx

  sian vaughan Jul 7, 2014 7:43 AM

About imaoptimist


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.