Existing Member?

Welp, yay!

back in RI

USA | Friday, 20 June 2008 | Views [475] | Comments [3]

Dad and TJ

Dad and TJ

Yeah, this is my hometown, but some of you have never been here. Driving home today, I was thinking about all the bits in life you do that no one knows about and that you forget about, and that your life disappears away. Not in a bad way, just a fact. But, somewhere really far away, someone with a really large, well adjusted telescope could watch you live. So, well, barring cloud cover and all that, you're broadcasting your activities and facial expressions and the transmission might even reach space on a clear day. And then you will be around forevvvver, or your image will be around for a very long time, anyway. So, yep. I think it's cool, makes me feel glee in myself.


My dad and I walked down to Carr's Pond- oh, 2-2.5 mi from our house?- at night a couple days ago. TJ and his white hairy butt led us on his leash through the trails. I was pretty blind but I'm always surprised how well your brain takes over and interprets paths in the dark. I hadn't been there at night before, but the pond seems to glow after you get out of your foresty blindness. It was sweet. Some nice light pollution off to the northwest, too, made for a pretty transition from pink-orange to dark blue. I know I'm supposed to dislike light pollution. Anyway, we all sat on a rock jutting out into the lake for a long time, listening to the frogs and I at least was looking for stars reflecting off the water. Full moon was rising. I get defensive when people from the south or west of the country say that the northeast is all ugly urban areas. Oh well, it is ok. Someone is cooking popcorn.

Comments

1

i like that picture, although the text was too lengthy to read. maybe i will later.

  haley Jul 12, 2008 6:34 AM

2

oh yeah, i forgot about your attention span. i won't take offense if you just lok at the pictures.

  imalivewhen Jul 13, 2008 2:21 AM

3

Tommy told me about sight to keep up with your travels. I'll let the family here in the Berkshires know about your journal. Hope you are having fun.

  colleen Jul 27, 2008 10:12 AM

About imalivewhen


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about USA

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.