Existing Member?

Oi Brasil!

Baby Cutia

BRAZIL | Saturday, 11 January 2014 | Views [1042]

Everybody knows about lions, elephants and giraffes in Africa. Most people even know that the Amazon region of Brazil is full of species and rich wildlife. But few people know that the Atlantic Rainforest is the richest biome in the world. 10% of the world's species can only be found there and nowhere else. But the Altantic Forest, and all its species, is about to disappear. Only 7% of its original size remains today. Deforestation and illigal hunting come at a high price. 

To show you the beauty and adventures that can be found in the Atlantic Forest, I created the video webseries "Adventures of a Nature Photographer" that shows the experiences of Leonardo Mercon, photographer from Espirito Santo, during his trips to the rainforest. The serie's original language is Portuguese but English subtitles are available. 

Even though it seems as if we humans try to destroy every bit of life left on this planet as fast as possible, animals are still born. Maybe it is not to late. Have a look at this cute video of a Cutia and her babies. Maybe the first birth ever registered on video.

Tags: atlantic forest, baby animal, brazil, cutia, rainforest, wildlife

 

About ilka


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Brazil

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.