Existing Member?

Oi Brasil!

Your Backyard - Birdwatching

BRAZIL | Tuesday, 5 November 2013 | Views [647] | Scholarship Entry

The video was filmed in my “backyard”, the Atlantic Rainforest. Most communities in Brazil think that wildlife only exists in Africa or far away in the Amazonas Rainforest. Nobody expects to find this rich biodiversity in their own backyard, even though the rainforest is literally just around the corner. I chose to show and explain birding because it is an inexpensive and fun activity that can be done with the whole family and friends wherever you go.

Two years ago I decided to change my life and live in Brazil. I and my husband, Leo, are a team. We are full of ideas and enjoy creating inspirational videos. I recently started filming our field work activities during the expeditions to the rainforest.
My dream is to travel the world filming my experiences while discovering wild places and exotic cultures! Winning the trip to New Orleans would mean the world to me. The guidance and expert input would allow me to produce videos of much higher quality in the future. I want to use my knowledge and my videos to contribute to nature preservation. I want to inspire people to travel and preserve the little bit that is left of our wild landscapes and colorful cultures.

Tags: Travel Film Scholarships 2013

About ilka


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

Highlights

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Brazil

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.