Existing Member?

Packedin I've packedin and living the world.

Rainedin in Newcastle

AUSTRALIA | Monday, 5 May 2008 | Views [512]

After three nights in a hostel in Newcastle I was glad to be heading to the airport to be picked up by my farm stay helpex host.

I arrived in Newcastle, after a very reasonably priced train journey from the Blue Mountains in the rain and left in the rain. The hostel I stayed at was the first hostel in which the other temporary residents mostly all made the effort to talk to their fellow hostellers.  I’m not sure if it was the weather influenced everyone’s behaviour or that it was just a good mix of people that made the stay a lot easier and enjoyable considering the bad weather.  I took a very wet walk along the coast line but after a couple of photographs the rain came down even harder which made me give up and head back to the hostel for more DVD marathon’s.

One afternoon was dry enough for me to wander around the main streets of Newcastle past the shops in the main street and to the cafe and restaurant side streets.  I think due to the weather in Newcastle I can't really do the place any justice in a blog as I didn't relly get to explore very much at all. Learned later from an elderly woman once eveing at a dance Newcastle at one time could have been very similar to Newcastle in the north east of England as it would have had a very busy docks and river sides and had an industrial history.

 

Tags: iainob1, newcastle, packedin, rainedin

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.