Existing Member?

Andi's travels

Arrival into India

INDIA | Wednesday, 3 July 2013 | Views [160]

Left cats and plants in good hands and headed off to Cairo international airport amid rumours of imminent civil war. Lovely first flight with Ethihad airlines managing to watch the movie Behind the pines before landing in Abu Dhabi for a 2hr layover. After finding Gate - think Amsterdam!!! Joined a line that promptly had security conscious checkin guys who had my shoes - sandals off but allowed laptop in bag to go through and half a bottle of water..go figure..... THEN air India - skyjet proceeded to take me to Delhi - i say started as on takeoff one would think we were on a safari listening to elephants mate with the noise the undercarriage made - and NO MOVIES... needless to say got head down blanket on and ear plugs in and ZZZZZZZZZ until arrival in Delhi. Backpack survived so headed out half thinking that the quick chat over skype to my digs would not have been understood so surprised to see name and driver waiting. 6am and straight thru a semi quiet less chaotic than Cairo journey ( with roaming cows ) to YES PLEASE COTTAGE where pleasantly i could check in straight away and head for 3 hrs kip.

 

 

About hyarima


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.