Existing Member?

Hunter Valley Crew outback tours

Day 21

AUSTRALIA | Friday, 13 May 2011 | Views [339]

Awoke this morning after an interesting nights sleep. We camped at Cunamulla which has the hardest ground ever. We all had trouble knocking the tent pegs in. We are convinced there was concrete under the grass. Also the night had us listening to a goat bleeting in someones back garden. A party at some dero's house which later turned into a domestic in the early hours. Anyway, once we had packed we headed off towards St George where we topped up with fuel. Then it was off to Queensland's oldest pub, The Nindigully Pub. Here we had a couple of beers before sharing a mighty 1.2Kg burger. (it's by no means the biggest one they do either)After lunch we said goodbye to the others as I had work Monday. They started back Tuesday. They stayed at Nindigully but we made the long trek back to Newcastle. After stopping off at Mooree for a coffee we headed into the night arriving back home minutes short of midnight and 1035 Kms later. So after 21 days on the road through numerous terrains, ranging temperatures, 4 states, and 7663 Kms, our trip to the outback of Australia has come to an end. A most enjoyable adventure.

 

About hvc


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.