Existing Member?

Down a rolling road 1 van, 2 girls, 5 states, 6 weeks, 24 gigs, 10106 kilometres, ... oh and 8 fingers crossed ...

Indi Bar via sheesha and a long lost cowboy

AUSTRALIA | Wednesday, 27 February 2008 | Views [1094]

Dear HH blog readers, I sincerely apologise for our tardiness in keeping the travel stories up to date, but I assure you we’ve been gathering lots of good material and I’m sure it will have been worth the wait!

I last left you with tales of strange Japanese ice shops where we were trying to catch up on all of our travel tales before heading to the next gig in Scarborough. On the way to the gig we were sidetracked by the very welcome aroma of sweet sheesha smoke and somehow found ourselves sitting in a sheesha bar. The bar had the same wonderfully tacky appearance of our favourite hang outs in Dubai and we were instantly drawn in for a session. For the reasonable cost of fifteen bucks we were able chill out (although in the intense heat I’m not so sure chill is the right word)
and toke on our water pipe full of grape and mint flavoured tobacco while practising our smoke rings. Being very out of practise with the old sheesha smoking it didn’t take long til we were both feeling a bit light headed, and unable to come at forking out

five bucks for a bottle of water we decided to head over to the Indi Bar to have a quick feed before the show. Simon Kelly and Bones were both great and we had a pretty rocking set, getting our good mate Blue Drew up to jam out some harp on our bluesy tunes. Unfortunately we had to finish up early coz most of the staff were flying to the Gold Coast for the Quicksilver Pro so I screemed out a quick version of Pat Benatars “Love is a Battlefield” as an Encore and we were outta there. Our mate Zeph, (a cowboy friend we made on our last trip to Broome) came down to the gig coz he was staying nearby and said he was heading back up to Broome in the next coupla days so we recruited him as our official roadie and bodyguard for the drive north on Monday. As we packed our instruments into the van a decent sized brawl broke out in the street so we made a hasty departure, dodging broken bottles and flying fists and parked our van in Freo to get a nice quiet nights sleep.

Tags: ambassador van, party time

 

 

Travel Answers about Australia

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.