Existing Member?

Travel Film Scholarship - Rio 2013 - Shriya & Eeshit

DAY ZERO - WORLD NOMADS IN RIO

BRAZIL | Saturday, 27 July 2013 | Views [826]

Until now, Brazil for me was equal to ( in no particular order) the Amazon, Football, Adriana Lima , Paulo Coehlo, Copacabana, the song-‘ My girl from Ipanema’, the film, City of God, acai berries  and ofcourse, the most popular on  ‘ The Things to see before you die’ list ,-The Carnival !

As winners of the World Nomad Travel Film scholarship 2013( and much to everyone’s envy ), Eeshit and I are off to Brazil, to capture the energy in the gorgeous city of Rio during  Carnival .

This travel video was our ticket to Rio De Janeiro

https://vimeo.com/51399922

 I knew this trip would be different from any other. Not because I can finally say “ I’m travelling for work”, but because it’s one of those moments when you truly don’t know what is in store. You don’t have any distant family there to give you instructions( thankfully) or Brazilian friends from school to share their experiences.

I did manage to get in touch with friends of friends of friends in Brazil, who had 3 specific notes of caution for us first time travellers.

1)Nobody understands English.

2) Don’t look expensive!?

3) Don’t wander on the beach at night.

Noted.

Considering that Eeshit and I have set out with our filming equipment, this was going to be an exciting challenge .

Our idea of preparing for our Rio  trip was simple- To watch the animated film Rio , at the end of which we both knew that we need to be able to paraglide right under Christ redeemers stretched arm just like those colourful birds did.

While Eeshit is the overly organized , vegetarian travel companion whose eyes sparkle at the sight of subway, I am ( in Eeshits word) “A  floating bubble who is always with a checklist and thinks she can see the world in one day”

As world nomads, we all like to believe that each of us explores differently and goes one step further to discover more than what meets the eye. We all crave for that unique experience which makes us feel special and which also makes for wonderful stories when you go back home.

And Eeshit and I are no different. We both travelling. We both love films.  And we both are driven by that rush for adventure. In Rio, it’s all going to come together ! Everyone at some point harbours the dream to be a travel host and I am thrilled to have got this opportunity to be one in Brazil !

Rio during the carnival can only mean thing -The experience of a lifetime !

About humsafar


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about Brazil

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.