Existing Member?

HOPE travels

Paris Has My Heart CONTINUED

FRANCE | Saturday, 11 September 2010 | Views [338]

~Sorry for any hurriedness, misspelling, etc for I am paying to write this and I am trying to rush~

Though I really enjoyed my three straight days of sight seeing I decided I had seen enough of the city to know where I wanted to hang out and I wanted to experience the city rather than just see it. So Friday was my extreme Parisian adventure day! Not so much an adventure and chilling out really hard at various places. I started off my adventure by walking past the Eiffel Tower to this little area across the Seine River to this Cafe that sits on a busy corner. It is probably a mile away from the Champs Elysees, but also near normal shops so it was a really good mix of people, perfect for people watching! I drank my weight in delicious coffee and wrote some letters and post cards, journaled and read a bit. Then I made my way back over to the Eiffel Tower where I layed in the grass and read some more. The sun was out and it felt amazing. When I started to get a bit hungry, I took the metro to Montmartre (the artists community) to find a sweet little cafe to eat at. After sitting at a place and getting up and leaving because of the all to famous arrogant Parisian waiter dude (sorry if I offended anyone with that one) I found this cafe on the corner at the top of the hill. The owner, a very nice woman, gave me an english menu. I ordered the cheese plate and a glass of wine. There was about 6 different kinds of cheese, some batard bread, and a glass of red wine made in Bordeaux. It was all to perfect! Then before catching the metro back to the Eiffel Tower I stopped at a pastry shop and bought myself a piece of chocolate. I have gotten really good at taking myself on dates! I arrived at the Eiffel Tower at 9 pm. Exactly in time to see it light up! It was pretty cool. Then I stumbled upon hundreds of people sitting in the lawn infront of the tower watching a huge screen. There were watching little TV show clips. It was funny, I only know that because people were laughing for everything was in french. It was fun just to sit amongst hundreds of people watching TV.

Today I went to Versailles with a group of extremely nice exchange students from Hong Kong. I met them at my hostel and they invited me with them. It was SSSOOOO expensive, but worth it. At least the garden was. And since we were there on a weekend day the fountains were on. I am really happy I went! Inside the palace it wasn't as cool as the Euros I paid for it made it seem. It was room after room of old furniture. I liked it and all, but I am pretty sure I saw about 500 chairs today :) But the gardens were just perfect!

I am now exhausted from my Paris adventure, but it was much much more than I could have even imagined! Everything here is so beautiful and delicate! (For the thing not so beautiful and delicate, see below) I definitely recommend to anyone to visit here! Alone ore with a partner I think it is just as romantic either way. The city just exudes romance! Au revoir Paris, you have my heart!

Things Not So Beautiful and Delicate:

  • Dog poop on all the side walks all the time. Every month there are apparently hundreds of accidents caused by people slipping in the dog poop
  • Gypsies trying to get your money! They are tricky and nothing of the romanticized images I've always had in my head
  • .... thats all I got, Paris is pretty solid on the awesome front!

About hopeschaberg


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals


See all my tags 


 

 

Travel Answers about France

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.