Existing Member?

Ben and Angie Wanderings

Chiang Mai

THAILAND | Friday, 6 May 2011 | Views [355] | Comments [1]

After the hectic Bankok we were happy to take a step down in Chiang Mai, a bustling smaller city but with a laid back attitude.
We had a great time there and our budget went a long way. On our first day we got a chicken noodle veg type affair, drink and tip for the equivilant of less than one pound, and as far as we can tell it gets even better in Laos and Vietnam.
 
Luckily for Angie we were there in time for the Sunday night bazar which entailed roads and roads of market stalls, packed full of wonderful goodies. The senses were really treated with the smells of food, the vibrant colours, and music from all angles. The temples are an integral part of life here and the one nearest to us was taken over for the night to provide the best food we've had so far.
 
We managed to squeeze in a Thai massage to help us relax before motorbiking it up a steep winding road to another ancient temple the next day. We managed to end most days in a chilled out reggae bar drinking Chang beer and Ben even managed to get to play guitar with some of the locals in our favourite bar.
 
Following a slightly stressful boarder crossing we have now landed in Loas ready for our next adventures.
 
B n A

 

Comments

1

I had a sausage roll from Greggs for 79p... and no need to tip. So there! xx

  Paula May 8, 2011 10:45 PM

 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.