Existing Member?

Ben and Angie Wanderings

Bangkok

THAILAND | Monday, 2 May 2011 | Views [380]

Ah, Bangkok.


Where the green man on traffic lights means you can walk but risk violent death from multiple angles, where a 'mixed meat' dish means the national lottery and where a 'Thai Massage', quite surprisingly, simply means a normal massage... Unless of course you find yourself in Ping Pong territory.

We start our trip in a city of extremes, walk in one direction and it's busy chaos, the other and you find yourself in some ultra relaxed roadside bar being served by a young Thai gent in dreadlocks and a taste for whiskey.

We had a great time there but three nights was enough for us before we set off to calmer, less touristy options. I'm writing this in Chiang Mai and I can see a stunning day outside the terrace of this sweaty tinternet cafe so I won't spend too long here boring you with details. We'll upload a few photos though and try to keep in touch with everyone back in Blighty. The pictures are in Flickr so if you click on them during the slide show we've added a few descriptions to some of them (may not keep this up during the trip but lets see how it goes).

We cram in more life in one day here than a month back home, so needless to say we're right thankful for the thought that there are many days ahead.


Ben and Angie

 
 

 

Travel Answers about Thailand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.