Existing Member?

Once upon a time there was a girl....

Delhi - Belly!!

UNITED KINGDOM | Sunday, 8 August 2010 | Views [296]

Wow what can i say, we survived the journey to arrive in New Delhi airport about midnight, colectd our luggage changed some money - simple we thought! og how wrong we were, turned the corner into arivals louge to be faced with what looked like the whole population of india starig back at us! Now to find some way ofgetting to our hotel. there is a great little service where you can pre pay for you taxi to save you getting ripped off by rickshaw drivers who will take you to another hotel where they get commission. i can feel im going to have to get very good at saying no!

helpful man at pre pay booth directed us to the exit and said look for the black or yellow taxis - off we went! Well all i could see were bloody white taxis! anyhoo evetually found a taxi of a colour i think was black and hopped in. very precarous 40 minute drive later having dodged cows, bikes, rickshaws and people all wandering the streets at 2am, taximan pulls to a stop next to a pile of rubble in a pitch black allyway and says 'go no further road closed' shit we thought! so there we were dumped in this alleyway at 2am having been told our hotel was 'justdown there' and 'speak to no one!' i cant describe what was going through my head. long story short we founf our hotel after negotiating mounds of yet more rubble and sleeping people. had to bang loudly tpo be let in!

odd little place the pics i post soon will explain why! time for a sleep!

About homeless-hannah


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about United Kingdom

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.