Existing Member?

PERUVIAN FASHION ADVENTURES

Fashion Photo Shoot & My New Identical Twins

PERU | Saturday, 26 May 2012 | Views [811]

I helped style a fashion photo shoot today where a number of my hats and feather headpieces and a couple other accessories of mine) were used!!!  The two teachers I had for my fashion styling class, Francesca and Andrea, are business partners and in addition to styling photo shoots for magazines and such, they are also in the process of launching their own clothing line called “Butter Nation.”

Today, they were shooting images for their Look Book, which is a documentation of all the clothing for sale in a collection, so that commercial buyers can see what is available to sell to the general public.  It also can be used to show individual customers what is available.

Francesca asked me to bring some of my pieces to the shoot to help complete some of the looks, which I was, of course, honored to do.  Well, we ended up using about five looks with my hats and/or feather head pieces on the model.  They were very grateful that I was able to help them out and everyone seemed very happy with the images we got.  I’ll post the pics once I get them.

I also have another photo shoot planned soon with a fashion photographer that I am very excited to work with. 

In addition to teaching English to my 15 year old student from China, I just got two new students, 8 year old identical twin boys.  They are so adorable, sweet and hilarious.  They are very smart and speak perfect English with no accent at all and have tremendous vocabularies (they go to an English language school).   I think they are going to be a hoot to work with.   

One thing, though, is that they go to a Christian school, which is a little strange for me to think of these innocent, sweet kids being indoctrinated with the God-fearing words of the New Testament.  I even had to help them memorize a verse from the Bible as part of their homework.  Eek!

Actually, one of the very first question they asked me yesterday upon meeting me for the first time was, “Do you believe in God?”  I was taken aback for a second, and then I responded, “Yes, but I don’t believe there is someone looking down and judging us.  I believe that God is everything and everywhere and that it all is connected.  That, to me, is what God is.”   I love the response one of the twins gave….He said, “so you mean we’re God, too?”  I told him, “yes, I absolutely believe that we all are part of what makes up God.” 

I hope I don’t get in trouble with their religious parents or with the school for explaining my decidedly non-Christian beliefs to them, but if they ask me these kind of questions, the only thing I can do is be honest with them and let them know what my personal beliefs are on any given topic.

About hissyfitfashion


Follow Me

Where I've been

Photo Galleries

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about Peru

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.