Existing Member?

Henrika's Fascinating Adventures

MIlford Sound

NEW ZEALAND | Sunday, 16 September 2012 | Views [297]

I don't particularly like "Must see lists" while I am travelling but I got a feeling I still wanna see Milford Sound and yes I was strongly adviced to see it by my host family. WHile I was working in Tauranga in the North Island, I came across quite a few young and  middle age Kiwis who have never been to the South island, Oh yeah, it is pretty dear to travel here but still this is the part of the world worth seeing. But both my host parents have been travelled here so I chose to listen to them.

My morning didn't go that well. I was barely able to sleep, perhaps I was still too wired after the jump yesterday. The seconds reason is that I don't have an alarm. My phone is out of order at the moment. Last night my camera stopped working out of a sudden as well. 

One of my roommates was willing to help me and put an alarm on for me for 6.00am. I was suppose to be at the bus stop at 6:40 and the bus was suppose to leave at 6:45. I woke up many times during the night and I was awake early enough. I was at the stop in time, well about 6.43 but the bus was already gone. Well there was a bus but not my one. However, the driver working for a different tour company was kind enough to take me on board. He agreed with me that the driver had taken off too early.  This is something I love about NZ.  The busses met up at the breakfast place and I jumped into the correct bus there. 4 hours on the bus one way and then about 2 houts cruise and 3 hours back. A few photo stops on the way. yeah, it would have bee cool if I have had my camera. argggg. As the weather was good enough for flying.

During 2 hours cruise we were lucky to see both seals and dolphins who came to show of off just in the front of the boat. Seals are a bit lazier breed and they just lay on the rocks.  The scenerely was marvellous. Snow, ice, heavy waterfalls, more high peak mountains. I am glad I took the add on to my tour. On the way I was dozing for a bit and see all those beautiful pictures in my mind, Cool, isn't that?

Sn more day in Queenstown, gonna take it easy and go stry to sort out of a few things, like my camera, video clip of my bungy jump etc.  I hope I'll get all stupid issues fixed. Small things but so annoying!

About henrika_traveller


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.