Existing Member?

Henrika's Fascinating Adventures

Clipping down didn't click

NEW ZEALAND | Monday, 18 June 2012 | Views [321] | Comments [1]

It's Thursday night, I've been off nearly one week now and still in a job hunt, yes again. Work wise things just haven't worked out for me and no that I haven't tried. It's midwinter so jobs are scarce in this country but I am awaiting crafting to start on Monday, Tuesday. or well whenever.

Last week, I had three different jobs. The first one lasted only 3 hours last Monday. Mandarin picking lasted for 2 days. it was loads of fun but not much money, I was too slow. I must say that our employer was the loveliest lady I have met for awhile. It was only a small orchard and more like hobby to them. The sun was shining and birds singing. Unlike kiwi picking it wasn't physically that hard as you didn't have to carry the bag in the front but keep a bucket aside and snip the mandarins in there. Lovely, relaxing  experience. You got paid for that and you also got a taste of mandarin straight from the tree, yam. But my storm was on the way, things were gonna take a turn to worse.

On Thursday, I started a new job that was suppose to be a good one and last till end of August and it's probably gonna last but not for me. Unfortunately, I got a task i just wasn't able to do, annoying but sometimes you just have to accept the sad, depressing  and bitter failure. The task was simple. It sounds simple you have to bend and clip down the canes of kiwi trees to the wires with piece of plastic and cut the canes you don't need. Ehhmmm i just didn't get it. What I saw was a massive bunch of canes coming and bending allover. How I was suppose to make straight lines out of them. I wasn't confident enough to cut the canes anywhere. After 2 days I was told that they cannot keep me working there anymore that I was too slow. I couldn't agree more, I cannot blame them. Yes, I was away to slow because I had absolutely no clue what I was doing. I would have needed a lot more time to learn that task. oh well, I gotta admit something called technical pruning(clipping down) was too much brain game for me. 2 new starters from this hostel got it, I case I am a bit special case. Look at bright side, it was too damn cold to work out there anyway.

Next big job here in Tauranga is crafting, Not sure what it is but it is suppose to be a lot easier. it has something to do planting baby kiwi trees.  Hard work but technically easier. I've applied a few jobs online but if I get any sort of response back, it is a rejection. It is cheaper for me to stay here sitting and waiting for crafting as is good money. I try not to blow it up this time if I get a new chance. So fingers crossed that I'll be back in work by Tuesday.

Comments

1

Henrika ihana lukea naita! Et haluais postittaa naita uusia linkkeja aina FB niin nakis ne sielta suoraan...? : ) tai ehka sa haluat pitaa nama erillaan. Onnea job huntingiin, laitan pian kunnon mailia! Terkut irkkulasta!

  Anne R Jun 21, 2012 11:04 PM

About henrika_traveller


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about New Zealand

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.