Existing Member?

Henrika's Fascinating Adventures

From desert to the mountains

INDIA | Sunday, 12 February 2012 | Views [369]

In Udaipur city, finally staying in the hotel with wiresless internet. I like this place. I stayed one night in Jodpur. The hotel wasn't located in the city centre and I was already suffering from sleep deprivation. We arrived in town 4.00am and there were no room available but I got to sleep in the restaurant's benches. Cool for once I was allowed to sleep in a bar without somebody coming to tell me to go home to sleep.

I forced myself to take a look at the town but I completely forgot take the address of my hotel down. Usually it is not that difficult, just pick up a business card in from the reception but there was nothing like that in that hotel. As if they didn't want anyone's business. Anyways, the town was far enough and just jump into an autoricksaw and realized in the city that I don't have the address for the hotel and and a guess for the name of the hotel.(btw my guess for the hotel name was incorrect one) Yes indeed, I should have stayed in the bed. Being sick and lack of sleep started to take its toll and I really didn't enjoyed busy vibes of the city. I had lunch since there was little anything around the hotel. Jodpur looked like a modern busy Asian city and I couldn't help smiling when I saw a camel cart pasing by as any vehicle. Getting back without a correct name for the hotel and address turned out to be easier that I thought. I chat with 2 autoricksaw drivers and the one had no idea where to go without address but the other one was able to follow my really vague descriptios about the location near to the big roads, out of the city centre and by a few newer hotels. He got me to the roundabout I remembered how to get to the hotel. I didn't get a good start with Jodhpur and I just decided to give in and catch up some sleep and relax.

The hotel did't provide for drop off service the bus as per per the contract. Three different person told me that the tourist bus would come pick me up. Then 20 minutes before 11.00 they told me that I have to the bus station by my own means. Thanks for telling me that now. I didn't really have time to start argue with them but rushed out and took an autorichshaw to bus stop. I was happy as long as I got out of that confusing and unfriendly hotel.

I got on bus to take me to my current location Udaipur. A nice little 8 hours bus journey, To my surprise it passed pretty quickly, Roads were awful, the bus wasn't exactly what we know as tourist coach, but I didn't mind any of that. So far I have been travelling on night time train and missed all the landscape. This time I definately saw more as the bus passed villages through the curvy mountain roads. I recommend taking a bus if you are not prone to feeling nausea on bus, Otherwise the journey can be a complete nightmare. The driver played Indian music all the way as the landscape changed from desert to the mountains. After less great time in Jodhpur I was gettimg back to the mood enjoy the trip in a noisy rattling bus.

It is Sunday morning and another sunny day in India. The hotel is in brilliant location and staff is a way more professional in this place, time to go and have a look at the city. I have got only 2 problems looks like I broke my camera in desert and I have no idea how to download the pictures I already have to this profile. I am not too keen to spend too much time trying to figure out which alternative software I need for downloading the pictures from the computer. I ll add some pictures to my Facebook page.

About henrika_traveller


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.