Existing Member?

Henrika's Fascinating Adventures

Somewhere called Jaimelsey near the desert

INDIA | Tuesday, 7 February 2012 | Views [294]

Last night I got into the overnight train. Departure 7:30  from New Delhi arrival around 11.00am. I heard the distance is about 80km. The sleeping couch wasn't too bad. I run back and forth a few times before I found my couch and I was still confused because the train  numberon my ticket didn't match the train number on the screen. But once I got to to the right coaches my nane was on on the reservations sheet. I felt safe  enough to jump on board.  

I shared by four bed cabin with a nice couple from Turkey who convinced me that it wasn't a bad idea book the train tickets via an agency. Getting a train ticket can be a total nightmare. Many people have left without tickets and the only way to get out of Delhi is to hire a driver.  IF you wanna do it independently, try it a few months in advance and know your route and you will be fine. Or if you are not planning to make your humble savings get you around the world, hire a driver. It not that much more expensive. But since I am already exceeding my budget I stick with lovely Indian trains. I didn't not want to miss that experience. Who cares about a few temples I won't see because they are not around the train rail, another time...

Last night on train I felt I was coming down with flu and don't feel 100% great at the moment, physically. Sore throat, running nose etc.But  luckily I am not feeling too weak, have been walking around the village, but felt that I cannot take any more horns sounds. I have got a lovely hotel. My room is the cutest I have seen for a long time and  there is swimming pool on the courtyard. It is too cold to swim but the sky is blue and in the windless spot you can enjoy the sun and heat by the pool.


Tomorrow heading to the camel safari. Something I have always wanted to do. Staying overnight in desert before moving on again. I have never been to Morocco but what I have seen in the pictures this looks more like a villige from Morocco or somewher in the middle east. Since I don't own a travel kind, I don't know the facts but I'd say there are more muslims here than in New Delhi. Though  can be that they are more prominent here because this a small town comparing to Delhi.Whatever you read in this blog is not official information but what I think, guess feel or I have been told.  Time to go get some food and rest and hope that this flu is a mild one. 

About henrika_traveller


Follow Me

Where I've been

Favourites

My trip journals



 

 

Travel Answers about India

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.