Existing Member?

My African adventure

THANK YOU BRITISH AIRWAYS

GHANA | Tuesday, 16 March 2010 | Views [759] | Comments [5]

My trip has been extended by 6 days thanks to the staff at BA wishing to strike next weekend. I was due to leave next Saturday night but have had to change the flight (shame ...) and will now leave on Friday 26th, arriving at 06.30 on the 27th March.

I can't believe that I'm in the last days of this tremendous life-changing experience and intend to make the most of the remaining time. I'm possibly having a return trip to Togo this week and would also like to go back to see my host family for one last time. I'm not sure if I'll go back to see Madame but it would be wonderful to see the babes again. We'll see ...

Please be patient with me when I get home if you try to get hold of me but can't do so immediately. I expect to need a period of reorientation - possibly longer than the week I had when I arrived in Ghana! My sister Judi and Simon/Matt will come to collect me from Heathrow and take me home - I just hope that it won't be too cold a day but at least it will be spring by then.

There will be so many stories to relate to you and of course I want to hear all your news too. I will go to Cardiff to see Mum at the earliest opportunity but there'll be plenty of time to get together in the weeks after I come home.

It's going to be sad to leave this wonderful country but I know I'll be back.

Looking forward to catching up with you over the next few weeks...

Comments

1

It'll be good to see you again. Whether it will be the same Helen I said goodbye to is another question!

  Colin Altman Mar 18, 2010 6:48 AM

2

We look forward to welcoming you back into Borchester Asylum. Matron is on standby with the gin supplies.

  Barbara Williams Mar 19, 2010 7:43 AM

3

All good things do come to an end, they say, but this need not be the case here - you will always have a special connect to Ghana and you now know that traveling there is a path you can re-tread. I bet you go back, and that it isn't that long

All love

Mrs O H

  Mrs O H Mar 21, 2010 3:31 AM

4

I had a dream about you last night! Dreamt you were already home! You looked abslutely wonderful....! Africa obviously agrees with you....I can't begin to imagine how you are feeling right now .... but on a positive note .... we all get to see you soon and catch up!
Love Laura

  Laura Nymark Mar 21, 2010 9:04 PM

5

Can't wait to see you again. Your travels make my life seem quite humdrum by comparison.

Won't hassle you but let me know when you are ready to come out of your self-imposed quarantine !

Best Anne

  Anne Fenton Mar 26, 2010 2:46 AM

 

 

Travel Answers about Ghana

Do you have a travel question? Ask other World Nomads.